**IF YOU ARE A GRADUATE and your college needs a FINAL transcript, you MUST send that document through your Parchment account.**
This is the School Counseling Department page. Here you will find all the Scholarships, leadership opportunities, community service opportunities, and other important information that comes through the Counseling Offices.
Current School Counselors:
Kourtney McGraw - Senior Counselor (ex. 3834)
Vicki Puskarich - Sophomore & Junior Counselor (ex. 3934)
Deborah Sole - Freshmen Counselor (ex. 3132)
Attention all 9-12 grade students!
The 2020 Profile in Courage Essay Contest is now available
You must write an essay that follows the guidelines listed on the website about a US elected official who served during or after 1917, not including John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, or Edward M. Kennedy.
Visit the contest website at JFKLibrary.org/essaycontest for complete guidelines. Pictures of the poster are attached, but you can also find the poster in Mrs. McGraw's outer office.
The deadline is January 17, 2020
AMERICAN LEGION MOUNTAINEER
SUMMER PROGRAM FOR JUNIORS
1. A Junior (11th grade).
2. have a 2.75 GPA or higher.
3. Demonstrated outstanding qualities in ares of school activities, community activities, and character.
4. Attend a WV high school and is a citizen of WV.
Contact Ms. Puskarich, 11th grade counselor, to sign up. email@example.com
SEE ATTACHED INFORMATION FOR "PURPOSE", "BENEFITS" AND "COSTS" WILL BE PAID BY THE LOCAL AMERICAN LEGION IF YOU ARE SELECTED!
Click here: Information message
NEED A JOB? SEE ATTACHED FLYER FOR A VARIETY OF HELP Job for 14 to 24 years old
The FAFSA is open for the 2020-2021 school year!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid needs to be filled out by anyone thinking about attending any college , vocational/technical school, or community college next year. You will need important financial information from your parents/guardians, and the application takes time, so don't wait until the last minute.
Both the student and parents/guardians must have an FSA ID that will be used to "sign" your FAFSA.
Go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa to get started!
The PROMISE Scholarship application opened October 1, 2019.
Visit https://www.wvhepc.org/secure/apps/ to make an account on WVSAM (WV Student Aid Management) to apply, edit, or check the status of your application.
- The PROMISE application and your FAFSA MUST BE COMPLETED by March 1, 2020.
- You can still take the ACT up until July 13th or SAT up until June 8th to earn a qualifying score.
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher & overall core GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have either ACT Score requirement: 22 composite score with a minimum of 20 in English, Mathematics, Science, and Reading.
- OR SAT Score requirement total 1100; with a minimum of 520 in Math, and a minimum of 530 in Evidence Based Reading.
All males between ages 18 and 25 must register with the Selective Service System (SSS). Go to https://www.sss.gov/ to register today!
To register for the ACT test go to http://www.act.org/
To register for the SAT test https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat
For help with College Planning, Financial Planning for college, Career Planning, and scholarship opportunities go to https://cfwv.com/
Mrs. McGraw's Senior Google Classroom code is ju8q6oc