Welcome to Brooke County PreK
Welcome to Brooke County PreK!
**THE BROOKE COUNTY PREK OFFICE WILL BE MOVING TO BROOKE HIGH SCHOOL BY JANUARY 2019.**
PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION – 2019-2020
Brooke County Schools will hold registration for the 2019-2020 school year as follows:
* PreK: all students who will be 4 years old by June 30, 2019, are eligible to enroll in the Brooke County PreK program for the 2019-2020 school year. A registration “kick-off” will be held at Brooke High School, Cafeteria A, on Wednesday, January 30 from 5:00-8:00 pm. Registration will remain open starting on January 31, 2019, at the new Brooke County PreK office located at Brooke High School from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 pm daily. Additional office hours may be added and will be posted on the Brooke County Schools’ website.
* Kindergarten: children who are already enrolled in the Brooke County PreK program do not need to re-enroll for kindergarten. PreK students’ information will be forwarded to the appropriate primary schools. All new students who will be 5 years old by June 30, 2019, will enroll in kindergarten. **Please note that WV School Age entry requirements for kindergarten have changed starting with the 2019-2020 school year.
* Kindergarten registration will open on January 30, 2019, at Brooke Primary North (formerly Hooverson Heights Primary School) and Brooke Primary South (formerly Wellsburg Primary School). School office hours are from 8:30-4:30. Parents must enroll their children at the primary school located within their residential attendance area.
To complete registration, parents must provide the child’s (1) state-issued birth certificate, (2) updated immunization records, and (3) Social Security card. Your child will also need a Health Assessment completed by a physician and an Oral Health Assessment completed by a dentist by the first day of school. These forms will be included in the registration packets.
Brooke County Primary Schools for 2019-2020 include:
School: Attendance Areas: Contact Number:
Brooke Primary North Colliers, Follansbee, and Weirton (Brooke County) (304) 527-0870
Brooke Primary South Beech Bottom, Bethany, and Wellsburg (304) 737-0133
To request to send your child to a school outside of your residential area, a “Student Transfer Request Form” must be submitted to the Brooke County Board of Education, attention Stephanie Blundon. Transfer requests are subject to administrator and board approval.
For additional information, please contact your child’s school, the Brooke County Board of Education at (304) 737-3481 ext. 223, or the Brooke County PreK office at (304) 527-1410 ext. 3570.
Enrollment for 2018-2019 is ongoing, and is currently being held at the Brooke County Board of Education offices (2nd floor). Enrollment forms are also available online (see left sidebar menu for forms). For the 2018-2019 school year, incoming PreK students must have turned 4 years old by June 30, 2018.
PreK will run as follows for the 2018-2019 school year:
Brooke High School - Monday through Friday, 9:00-2:15
Little Bear PreK Follansbee and Weirton - Monday through Friday, 9:00-2:15
Northern Panhandle Head Start Brooke 3 - Monday through Thursday, 8:45-3:00
**PREK ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR IS ONGOING** Parents of eligible children may make application at the Brooke County Board of Education daily 8-3. PreK offices are located on the 2nd floor.
If you are interested in starting your 4 year old child in our program, please contact our office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Child MUST be 4 years old by July 1 of year of enrollment
- State issued birth certificate (Birth certificates issued through the hospital or county are not considered official)
- Updated immunization records
- Health Assessment Form completed by physician (must be done by first day of school)
- Oral Health Assessment completed by a dentist (must be done by first day of school)
- Completed registration forms, including site preference selection
Classroom selection may not be guaranteed and will be made based on availability if you are registering after the initial registration week.
MAIN PHONE: (304) 737-3481
Director: Dr. Rhonda Combs ext. 229
Administrative Assistant PreK: Jan Felton ext. 223
Special Education Director: Melissa Figlioli ext. 226
Administrative Assistant Special Education: Jen Martin ext. 224