Welcome to Brooke County PreK
Welcome to Brooke County PreK!
**THE BROOKE COUNTY PREK OFFICE HAS MOVED TO BROOKE HIGH SCHOOL.**
PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION – 2019-2020
Brooke County Schools will hold registration for the 2019-2020 school year as follows:
* PreK: all students who will be 4 years old by June 30, 2019, are eligible to enroll in the Brooke County PreK program for the 2019-2020 school year. Registration opened February 4, 2019, and will be ongoing. To register your child, please visit us at the new Brooke County PreK office located at Brooke High School from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 pm Mondays-Thursdays.
Our PreK program includes collaborative classrooms located at Brooke High School, Little Bear Daycare PreK of Follansbee and Weirton, and Northern Panhandle Head Start (NPHS). Registration packets will be available also through both Little Bear Daycare PreK sites and NPHS. You may also download PreK registration forms from this webpage (see sidebar).
* Kindergarten: children who are already enrolled in the Brooke County PreK program do not need to re-enroll for kindergarten. PreK students’ information will be forwarded to the appropriate primary schools. All new students who will be 5 years old by June 30, 2019, will enroll in kindergarten. **Please note that WV School Age entry requirements for kindergarten have changed starting with the 2019-2020 school year.
* Kindergarten registration is ongoing at Brooke Primary North (formerly Hooverson Heights Primary School) and Brooke Primary South (formerly Wellsburg Primary School). School office hours are from 8:30-4:30. Parents must enroll their children at the primary school located within their residential attendance area.
To complete registration, parents must provide the child’s (1) state-issued birth certificate, (2) updated immunization records, and (3) Social Security card. Your child will also need a Health Assessment completed by a physician and an Oral Health Assessment completed by a dentist by the first day of school. These forms will be included in the registration packets.
Brooke County Primary Schools for 2019-2020 include:
Brooke Primary North (304) 527-0870 - Attendance Areas: Colliers, Follansbee, and Weirton (Brooke County)
Brooke Primary South (304) 737-0133- Attendance Areas: Beech Bottom, Bethany, and Wellsburg
To request to send your child to a school outside of your residential area, a “Student Transfer Request Form” must be submitted to the Brooke County Board of Education, attention Stephanie Blundon. Transfer requests are subject to administrator and board approval.
For additional information, please contact your child’s school, the Brooke County Board of Education at (304) 737-3481 ext. 223, or the Brooke County PreK office at (304) 527-1410 ext. 3570.
**PREK ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR IS ONGOING** Parents of eligible children may make application at the Brooke County Board of Education daily 8-3. PreK offices are located on the 2nd floor.
If you are interested in starting your 4 year old child in our program, please contact our office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Child MUST be 4 years old by July 1 of year of enrollment
- State issued birth certificate (Birth certificates issued through the hospital or county are not considered official)
- Updated immunization records
- Health Assessment Form completed by physician (must be done by first day of school)
- Oral Health Assessment completed by a dentist (must be done by first day of school)
- Completed registration forms, including site preference selection
Classroom selection may not be guaranteed and will be made based on availability if you are registering after the initial registration week.